Being a teen is hard, and it seems to be getting more difficult as time goes on. These kids tease and poke fun at each other, and while it may seem to be "fun" it slowly eats away at them. Self confidence is hard to gain and keep when teens care so much about what their friends think. Their friends are their world during that time in their life!!
I just heard about a great product called Invisalign Teen that I would love to have for my kids. Both Devin (16yo) and Keri (13yo), should have braces. Until I get a job with benefits, we won't be able to do this, but when the time comes, I think this is the type that I would love to get for them.
Making the decision to straighten your teeth is much easier when you know that Invisalign is flexible enough to let you live your life the way you want to. With Invisalign, you don't need to worry about the gum and mouth irritation other teeth-straightening methods can cause.
With Invisalign, the aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they're also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing, to eating whatever you like. With other devices, brushing and flossing properly can often take up to 30 minutes!Have you ever had braces? How old were you when you had them? Did straightening of your teeth help rebuild your confidence?
Special occasion coming up? No problem - just take your aligners out for that time and pop them back in when you're ready. Of course, even when you're wearing them, most people won't even know you're going through treatment, because they are virtually invisible!
Invisalign is also ideal for your busy schedule, with fewer doctor visits required (approximately every six weeks).
Some facts about Invisalign Teen:
- Invisalign Teen effectively straightens teeth like metal braces and is an ideal choice for active teensGIVEAWAY!!! I have an Invisalign Camping Chair to giveaway!!
- Invisalign is not only available for adults. The new Invisalign Teen was developed with leading orthodontists who understand the unique treatment and compliance needs of teens as well as their active lifestyles
- Every patient’s needs are different and there are many factors that determine the cost of Invisalign treatment. But, in most cases, Invisalign is comparable in costs to traditional braces, is covered by most dental insurance plans, and affordable financing options are always available.
- Invisalign’s treatment capabilities are not limited to mild/cosmetic cases – Invisalign can help correct a broad range of cases: Overly crowded teeth, widely spaced teeth, crossbite, overbite and underbite
- Invisalign treatment is also ideal for busy parents because there are never any emergency appointment from broken wires/brackets; it requires fewer appointment (because you get your sets in advance) and less chair time (for those uncomfortable tightenings)
- The total treatment time with Invisalign averages between nine and 15 months and the number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30. Treatment time is about the same as with metal braces and in some cases, shorter.
- There are almost two million Invisalign cases in treatment or completed worldwide (15-20% are teens)
I definitely think that this would be a great option when we look at braces for our teens:-)
Follow me on GFC (To the right in the sidebar)
For Extra Entries:
Tell me who could benefit from Invisalign in your life
Like Mom's Musings on Facebook
Follow Mom's Musings on Twitter
Tweet the giveaway (up to once a day): "Enter to win Invisalign Camping Chair @momsmusings http://tinyurl.com/82ytjt8 Closes: 11/28"
Blog about this contest (5 entries)
Post on Sharing Sites (Digg, Stumbleupon etc...)
Disclosure – I am participating in the Invisalign Teen program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Align Technology, Inc. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.