My house is cluttered, and I really don't like that. I feel like all that happens in our house is cleaning, and I want to do so much more with the kids and enjoy these times while they are home.
So, one of my goals for this year is household organization. I really need to organize my house better and get rid of some unneeded items. I always have these wonderful ideas and ideals but I procrastinate so much that I never get close to finishing them...
I work in a group home and I really like the system that they have there. They have a communication binder where all the chores for the day are listed. Each week, on each day they have the same chores, so once in the routine, you just know that on Sunday you put out the garbage and on Friday you wash the bedding etc...I want to do that at our house. I really crave that organization and non-chaotic environment. So...I am going to set some goals, I want to get there this year. I want to have my house in the condition that I feel better about.
The steps I am going to take to get there are:
- Start one task at a time and complete it before starting the next task
- Get rid of things on weekly basis - we seem to have a lot of things coming in and nothing going out
- Enjoy the small accomplishments, reward ourselves for organizing an area
- Set up a calendar of regular jobs to be done each day/week/month
- Set up a laundry schedule, 1 person each day and linens/towels on weekends
- Start a menu plan and shopping list again